A perfectly running business needs proper management of its stocks and profits. The point of sale or POS system ensures that you keep an accurate track of your inventories, sales, bills, taxes, etc. through a specific procedure. This POS system can be called a cash register with some brains that can keep a good track of your calculation, and makes the sale and purchase management easy for you.
But not all business is similar, and not all the outcomes are the same. Different stores have distinct requirements for their accounts and its management. Thus, even the POS system for all the businesses are not the same — they differ. If you own a restaurant and you tend to get the POS system of your friend who has a retail fashion shop, it would be of no use. Everything — from your inventory to the prices and taxes – differ, and thus the need from a POS system also differs. That is why choosing a POS system wisely and according to your business is essential.
Tips to know which POS system would be best for you!
From the various options of POS systems, always choose the best provider of POS systems in Australia like iSales POS systems who provides the best solution according to your business’ needs and demands. For example, if you are a startup owner, a square POS system that allows you to sell without much ado would be great for you, while for a business having a turnover worth million an entirely complex system is called for. Read below the criteria according to which you can select the best POS system for your business:
- Choose according to the cost —Though the maintenance costs of a good POS are comparatively low, the basic costs for the set up may become more than you actually expect. This includes the software. Also, if your chosen POS is not proper according to your present hardware, you will need to invest a good amount in installing new cash drawers, some barcode scanners and much more. It’s therefore wise to opt for some hardware packages which include everything needed to get started and doesn’t burden you up with those hidden charges later on.
- Go for cloud based POS system —Though there would be companies offering you otherwise, but a cloud based POS system is the most preferred one by all types of business personals. It gives you access to your records and details on the go just by logging into your account. It also saves up more information forever, and is the most secure system as you can yourself handle it through your passcode.
- Easy or complex — A POS system may vary in its complexities too. You can choose either an easy one which any of your staff can handle, or a complex one if you have trained employees. Again if you think you’ll have to hire a special person to tackle your POS needs and this could burden your budget, it’s better to go for a simpler one. And if your need for a complex system weighs more than the budget factor, it’s wise to invest in a complex system.
- Supporting multiple stores — If you own multiple stores, or have various franchises and need a single POS system to track the entire record, make sure to choose the one that supports various stores together. Most of the POS system can support fewer than five outlets at a time and this can obviously hinder your growth. While there are some cloud-based POS systems that do support uncountable number of branches together and gives you a better and more detailed idea about the inventories and cost management.
- Inventory management — Inventory management is a complex job manually. But thanks to POS systems, now even this task can be done in a jiffy. If you are selecting a POS System, go for the one that has updated properties like reminders for stock renewals and expiry dates, having purchase order recreation lists, stock transfers between branches list, etc. This would help you better in your inventory management. But if you have just started with a small amount of stock and don’t have any branches, it’s wiser to go for the basic one as lesser amount of inventory can be managed well even through the basic POS system.
- Customer support — The one thing that you couldn’t ignore to look into when opting for a good POS system is customer support. Though you may be having excellently trained staff handling your POS system and everything else under control, but still, some issues may arise at odd hours too. Apart from your accounts and financial security, many more things can be at risk at this point. Always ensure the company offering you the POS system offers a good customer service 24/7. This would help you even at the trickiest situation and help you with the workings of POS system better.
Choosing a perfect POS system for your business will eventually help you to grow and progress better. By saving your time and efforts, already the POS system is going to help you with your business better. And if you choose it wisely, it would mean a perfect partnership in your business working.